One-year WW Anniversary!
Hello again, friends! It’s a pretty important day, and I’m excited that you can all celebrate with me! I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting exactly one year ago today. As of last night’s weigh-in, I’ve lost 55.2 pounds — that’s an average of about one pound per week! I couldn’t have planned it more perfectly. I still have 25 pounds to shed, but I am in no rush. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE them to come off as “easily” as the first 55, but I am perfectly happy with my weight-loss rate. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
I’ve had some standstills and frustrations along the way, but that’s what makes the journey more rewarding. It reminds me of how hard I’ve worked to lose the weight and how hard I’m going to need to work to remain a healthy priorfatgirl for the rest of my life.
The plateaus have taught me how to push through frustrating situations. I needed to ramp up my workouts, eat new foods and try to keep negative selftalk to a minimum … especially when I stayed at the same weight for three months. For a couple of particularly difficult weeks, I had a list of affirmations taped to the back of my apartment door so I could see them each time I walked past.
The weight-gain weeks have taught me not to get defeated. I’m constantly reminding myself of how far I’ve come, and I try to focus on that rather than how much I still need to lose. Honestly, though, I continue to struggle with this every day. Even if I gain a little, I still go to my weekly meeting because it makes me ten times more determined to lose weight before the next meeting.
Here are some things that keep me smiling at the scale:
- WATER!!!! I drink at least two 1-L bottles each day. I am in love with my Sigg bottle.
- I don’t drink alcohol often. I keep it to one day a week, if any. Those empty cals suck!
- I watch what I eat. When I do splurge every so often, it’s nothing like back in the day when I’d scarf down everything in sight.
- Moving more. Simple as that.
- Trying new things keeps me excited. I exercise outside now instead of inside at the gym. I’m trying new healthy foods and recipes. I’m kinda obsessed with veggie burgers (a relatively new food to me), and I order one almost any time I see it on a menu.
Peace, friends. You’ll be hearing from me sooner than you think ;)